Reporting to the Head of IT, the incumbent will showcase the knowledge and willingness to develop the road map to support and enable the delivery of the business objectives at the group and country levels; continually stay on top of the latest industry products and technologies, and to create an inspiring team environment with an inclusive, open, engaged, and communicative culture. This person will also bring an understanding of current best practices in data management, analytics, forecasting and reporting that encompasses both technical and business considerations.The ideal candidate for this position will have a proven track record of leveraging the expertise of functional stakeholders, ideally at both leadership and technical/operational levels.
- Partner with the business and functions to identify needs, formulate requirements, and identify the next technology-enabled opportunities
- Partner in the development of IT roadmap and project solutions
- Work with IT Leadership to define key projects
- Ensure solutions are in alignment with roadmap and dynamically adjust plans to meet business needs.
- Communicate the roadmap internally and externally
- Plan and manage enterprise applications and technology projects
- Oversee development and support activities for Financial Systems, Human Resources Management System, Procurement, Supply Chain, Development pipeline and other applications;
- Coordinate with the IT Infrastructure team for accessibility, security and authentication integration from Web and Mobile platforms
- Manage applications development to deliver technology solutions in support of business strategy and growth, leading with technical expertise in the development of systems and applications
- Collaborate with stakeholders to plan and prioritize software deliveries
- Oversee functional and technical requirements through implementation using effective project management skills
- Provide leadership in streamlining the resources and investments required for application development
- Monitor and improve selection and development processes
- Establish service management governance, procedures and standards for application development and support to ensure consistent, quality releases.
- Lead triage of incidents, determining root cause and creating lasting solutions
- Effectively manages relationships and negotiations with vendors for enterprise applications and implementation
- Coordinate information management, business continuity planning, quality assurance, user feedback, document library and collaboration with the rest of IT.
- Develop and monitor change management process for all systems – facilitate Change Advisory Board.
- Work with internal teams and vendors for managing changes. Develop and monitor KPIs for internal performance as well as vendor performance
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computing Science, a related science field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of seven years in progressively responsible IT roles, including enterprise-wide applications development and support
- Demonstrated five years of leading complex IT application projects
- Extensive experience with and working knowledge of IT governance for enterprise applications
- Demonstrated experience in full life-cycle project settings for enterprise-wide implementations
- Experience in vendor management both local and regionally
Traits and Skills
- Results-oriented, has strong achievement motivation and tenacity
- Adapts readily to changes and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Sensitive and responsive to internal and external customer needs, stay in tune with changing needs of customers.
- Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks
- Ability to articulate complex issues, plans and concepts to various audiences, including executive management
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving, leadership, team building and organizational skills