The Regional Insurance Analyst shall be responsible for mitigating the Company’s operating exposures by maintaining insurance programs to manage risks. The role shall work with the regional business units and with external partners (i.e. brokers, vendors) in identifying & acquiring insurance products that best suit operations requirements.
The role shall report to the Group Project Manager. The incumbent is expected to remotely perform claims analytics, oversight and management support to each country under the Vena Energy group.
Insurance Policies Management and Oversight
- Ensure timely renewal, support local teams during negotiations & plan improvements;
- Define and develop risk transfer strategy, including country specifics where applicable;
- Define and manage group minimum standards with the main interest groups for assets Construction, and assets Operations;
- Manage policies inventory, assess thoroughness of coverage for the group, and review documentation procedures;
- Maintain reporting and analytics, and manage budget;
- Manage and facilitate communications between risk management, country heads, engineers, brokers, loss adjusters and insurers;
- Ensure effective communications and training within the organization;
- Coordinate, support and advocate for Vena Energy best interest;
- Support local teams to prepare and review cases;
- Prepare claims analytics and discuss with interest groups for mitigation plans, and risk management strategy adjustments where required;
- Provide guidance and advisory on claim preparation and negotiations with insurers and loss adjusters;
- Lead and manage the end-to-end claiming process;
- Prepare and derive analytics, benchmark to market and competition;
- Document lessons learnt and ensure mitigation measures are implemented to manage potential claims situations;
- Develop and maintain partnerships with major insurers and brokers;
- Maintain performance and benchmarking analytics, develop effective risk transfer strategy in line with investors and business requirements;
- Develop budget methodology, prepare and manage budget in line with risk transfer guidelines and market input;
- Prepare, plan and manager risk surveys, review and negotiate findings and responses, follow-up on mitigation measures;
- Ensure mitigation measures are replicated across assets where applicable; and
- Identify and quantify benefits from pro-active management of potential claim situations.
- Engineering, Business or any related course graduate
- At least five (5) years’ experience with insurances and complex claims
- At least five (5) years’ experience in an international environment/multinational organization, of which 3 years in Asia
- Adept in insurance, and risk management principles
- Strong knowledge of business and operational processes
- At least five (5) years of related work experience in corporate risk management, contract administration, risk engineering, insurance broker/agent office or insurance underwriting environment.
- Preferably with background handling renewable energy or power sector insurances/accounts.
- Engineer with construction operations experience, with high risk management acumen is a plus
- Experience in renewable energy and/or captive programs is a plus
- Track record on risk transfer improvement and management programs is a plus
- Ability to focus on group interests and understand/accommodate country specifics where required
- Advanced negotiation, communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and grit