The role will provide leadership in Project Development and Regulatory Affairs initiatives for the assigned project/s.
For Project Development Management
- Manage an internal project team making sure that tasks/milestones are achieved towards the timely and on-budget completion of the project.
- Coordinate, communicate and liaise with other project managers, other members of the Business Development Team and the bigger VE team in general to ensure that management of resources (people, time, funds etc) are optimized and prioritized without detrimental effects to the individual project’s timeline and workload.
- Prepare project documents such as, but not limited to, presentations, feasibility studies, industry analyses, market reports, project/tasks implementation schedules, plans, internal reports and communications.
- Manage and maintain good relations with project partners/proponents, host communities, local government and other stakeholders; ensuring that Stakeholder Engagement Plans (SEP) are complied with and updated to match the needs of the project.
- Manage and coordinate activities of Third Parties e.g. environmental and social due diligence (ESDD) consultants, compliance auditors etc.
- Execute project-specific Environmental and Social Action Plans (ESAP) to ensure compliance and timing requirements are followed.
- Monitor project development progress and compliance with Vena Energy standards, policies and procedures.
- Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency.
For Regulatory Affairs
- Prepare and submit required applications and reports to regulatory agencies, in coordination with the Regulatory/Compliance team (as applicable), making sure that these comply with Vena Energy policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Track and monitor the status of submissions and applications, in coordination with the Regulatory/Compliance team (as applicable), to ensure timely approval.
- Serve as primary regulatory authority contact for assigned project(s) and/or agencies, attending meetings, making presentations and communicating regularly with authorities to maintain good relations.
- Track and monitor the regulatory compliance of assigned projects making sure that these meet the requirements and do not violate any law, regulation or procedure.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations, policies and standards pertinent to Vena Energy business interests in the Philippines.
- Keep track of proposed industry rules, laws, standards and other regulations that impact the operations of Vena Energy and its allied business units in the Philippines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, planning and/or management, social sciences, community development, communication, or any related course
- With at least seven (7) years’ experience in Project Management
- With at least five (5) years’ experience in working/liaising with government agencies and offices for permitting and regulatory compliance
- Exposure in managing RE projects for at least four (4) years
- Previous experience working in the energy industry is required
- Previous experience in stakeholder engagement and Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaigns, and/or Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs is required
- Previous experience in securing Free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC) from IP tribes and the NCIP is advantageous
- Previous experience in social impact assessment studies, RAP/LRP, EIA/ESIA is advantageous
- Knowledge in the Philippine social, IP labor, and environmental laws and regulations is required.
- Knowledge of IFC Performance Standards on Sustainable Development, Equator Principles, and other international standards is highly advantageous
- Knowledgeable in preparing feasibility and market studies