This position will be responsible for identifying new investment opportunities in Philippines' renewable energy space and actively manage all aspects of new investments, add-on investments, monetization and related financing.
The role provides a combination of investment banking, private equity, and renewable energy project development experience in an exciting industry with multi-cultural and regional collaboration across its offices in Asia.
- Drive new investment opportunities, ranging from market assessment, auction submissions, to competitive positioning to initial underwriting and deal structuring.
- Work on diligence efforts on pursued deals, including business diligence, risk underwriting, commercial negotiations and managing external advisors.
- Hands-on involvement and/or leading the deal team in building robust flexible financial models to support deal underwriting and deal structuring efforts;
- Continued involvement in projects during and following the investment, including monitoring performance of key drivers of value, performing regular internal valuations.
- Assist with the execution of on-going financing transactions and monitoring investment performance in general.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to support transaction negotiations.
- Provide hands-on support to portfolio companies including treasury and finance related functions.
- Liaise on behalf of the company with external parties such as transaction advisers, lenders, due diligence consultants, OEMs and other such parties.
- Collaborate with professionals from different backgrounds and points of view to create solutions and mitigate risks.
- BS/BA in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or any related field/course
- CFA a plus
- 8+ years of investment experience
- at least 1 year in power sector preferred
- Passion for the renewable energy sector
- Financial modelling and accounting skills, analytical mindset
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Business savvy, highly entrepreneurial, passion for knowledge, drive for excellence
- High integrity, professional maturity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, SharePoint)