The role shall review, develop and implement related policies based on regular site inspections and industry standards. The role will be very mobile and is expected to travel to all sites across the Philippines.
- Conduct regular site inspections and audits of renewable energy projects under development and in operations;
- Initiate, develop and/or conduct regular EHS training programs such as but not limited to basic safety induction, hazard identification, risk assessment, incident investigation, etc.;
- Assist in the review and maintenance of the EHS management systems that include but not limited to policies, manuals, procedures, and/or method statements;
- Prepare and/or submit HSE reports which include regulatory (quarterly, annual, etc.), internal (weekly, monthly, etc.), initial environmental & social impact assessment for development projects, and other related HSE documents;
- Coordinate and supervise the conduct of ESDD and ESIA/EIA for development projects;
- Provide quality assurance oversight on technical reports (e.g. EIA, ESIA, IEE, ESDD, EPRMP) prepared by in-house specialists and/or third-party consultants;
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations, policies and standards pertinent to Vena Energy business interests in the Philippines;
- Conduct incident investigation and prepare & submit the corresponding incident report; and
- Perform any HSE related duties//tasks as instructed by the direct supervisor and/or senior manager
- Build and manage relationships with security companies, strategic partners, local communities, governmental agencies and other service providers.
- Asset risk assessment and risk management;
- Organize and implementation of personal protection details for key personnel when required;
- Physical security of fixed Assets;
- Crisis management strategies for all possible physical, cultural and geo-political risk scenarios;
- Liaise with the PNP, Army, LGUs and other support entities on matters concerning security and risk to project sites and personnel;
- Identify concerns with key stakeholders in the community and recommend cost efficient solutions to strengthen those relationships.
- Business continuity planning in terms of asset protection for high-risk ventures;
- Physical, geo-political and cultural risk assessment of potential opportunities to ensue timeous completion of projects;
- Crime prevention and detection, fraud deterrence and investigations as required;
- Environmental risk evaluation and mitigation strategies; and
- Compliance and ethics programs for internal stakeholders.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Preferably had undergone and obtained certificates on DENR and DOLE training programs: BOSH Training, PCO Training, CSP, etc.
- Preferably a former Armed Forces of the Philippines officer with vast exposure and experience in EHS roles.
- Familiar and have experiences in permitting, implementation/compliance and monitoring of the EHSS regulatory requirements of DENR, DOE, DOLE, LLDA, PNP and other relevant agencies
- Familiar with the IFC Performance Standards, Equator Principles, World Bank EHS Guidelines, ILO Occupational Health & Safety standards, and other relevant international HSE standards
- Have working knowledge on the Philippine Environmental Impact Statement System
- Can satisfactorily perform EHSS inspections/audits in workplace by identifying threats, unsafe acts/conditions, and provide/recommend control measures
- Ability to assess emergency situations and risks and, institute appropriate measures
- Ability to connect directly with appropriate government entities when the need for immediate support arises.
- A team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external
- Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision