The Head of Finance contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing the company Finance & Accounting functions. As a member of the senior management team, the Head of Finance will be involved in a range of strategic planning and internal initiatives.
This role reports to Company CFO and the dotted line to Country Head – Indonesia and work closely with the senior management team in developing and implementing the company strategic plan in Finance & Accounting. He/she will act as the liaison to the board of directors, working closely with the committee to strengthen the company financial position and other items as required. The incumbent is expected to continually evaluate best industry practices in comparison to internal systems and needed resources, with an eye toward both future needs and budget realities.
- Responsible for the overall financial management including the review and approval of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for the Country Head and Board of Directors.
- Support project financing activities such as performing financial analysis, forecasting and financial modelling as required
- Oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, cash flow and coordination of audit activities.
- Oversee the bookkeeping function including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the company are met and processed accordingly including Corporate Income Tax, Value Added Tax, Withholding Payments, Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax, etc.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit as required and liaise with the Board's Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary
- Oversee the finance’s administrative and operational processes, with a goal of continuously developing and improving systems
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that general and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- Provide analytical and planning expertise, financial and program development activities in support of the company strategic planning.
- Streamline financial processes to gain greater transparency and efficiency. Develops performance measures and reports to monitor efficiency.
- Participate in and supports strategic planning efforts of the Company, implementation of information/management structures, systems, and processes needed to support long-range plans.
- Develop strong business relationships internally and externally to manage existing relations and identify new opportunities that will enhance the company’s goals, priorities and financial performance.
- Professional qualification such as CMA/CPA or equivalent with MBA degree is preferred
- 10+ years of experience working in Finance in Oil/Energy/Power/Mining industry
- Experience in establishing and managing external party relations related with Finance functions
- Demonstrate success in driving team performance and actively perform as part of country leadership team
- Highly organised with an excellent ability to manage multiple projects under pressure
- Strong financial and analytical skills and a commercially astute negotiator with the ability to influence others at a senior level
- Possess the drive and enthusiasm to succeed as part of a team and deliver outstanding results