Provide legal support to the Bangalore and New Delhi based offices of Vena Energy in relation to new and existing renewable energy projects, including:
• structuring new projects from a corporate secretarial, tax and regulatory perspective;
• coordinating and/or assisting in the legal due diligence process;
• advising on permitting and regulatory matters relating to compliance with laws by Vena and the projects;
• reviewing, negotiating and/or advising on all EPC related documents, financing documents and other project documents; and
• incidental advice and support to assist country teams to reach project milestones.
Draft, review, negotiate and advise on simple legal contracts, e.g. indicative term sheets, framework agreements, simple contracts, NDAs, engagement letters, consultancy agreements.
Advise on legal and regulatory compliance matters, including renewable energy sector specific regulations and anti-bribery and anti-corruption matters.
Advise e on general corporate matters and day to day activities of the group (office leases, employment etc).
Provide assistance and advice in any potential or on-going claims, disputes and investigations.
Guide the team in taking actions during various litigations, and work with external counsel when in litigation and represent VE position.
Manage registration of IP and defending any rights or claims.
Conduct legal research where necessary.
Work with legal, co-sec and compliance teams in other Vena Energy offices, principally the Singapore office on regional legal and compliance initiatives, issues and projects to the extent applicable or relevant to the India business.
Review, standardise and maintenance of legal document templates.
- Degree in law.
- Minimum five years post qualification working experience.
- Familiar with energy transactions, ideally from a M&A/corporate perspective.
- Conversant with the Electricity Act in India, including the Indian Grid Code
- Good understanding of our rights under the various PPAs (typically receivables, curtailment, charges levied, communications with Off-takers)
- Experience with negotiating legal and commercial aspects of projects and financing contracts
- Must be confident and possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must be an enthusiastic team player and a self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Energetic and thrives in a fast-paced atmosphere