The role shall be the ground liaison officer interfacing with the host communities and government agencies to secure regulatory permits and to conduct community relations activities.
- Assist the Business Development team to apply for and secure all relevant regulatory permits, particularly land related, approvals and clearances for Talim and other projects, as required;
- Regularly visit the project sites and other field locations to liaise and interface with government agencies, local government units and host barangays/communities, IP tribes and other stakeholders;
- Serve as the main ground coordinator of Vena energy in the conduct of FPIC and EIA processes for WPPs; closely work with third party consultants and government offices to ensure timely completion in accordance with company standards and existing laws and regulations;
- Assist the Business Development, Land Acquisition and Technical teams in related work streams, as required;
- Prepare periodic monitoring and progress reports as required; and
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, business, community development, development communication, planning and/or management, or other related disciplines is required.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in working or liaising with government agencies and offices is required.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in RE Project Development and local permitting is required.
- Previous experience in securing land conversion, CARP Exemption and other land related permits, certifications and clearances is required.
- Previous experience in land lease registration, land titling process and transfers and other RD – related transactions is highly advantageous.
- Knowledge in the Philippine social, IP labor, and environmental laws and regulations is required. Knowledge of IFC Performance Standards on Sustainable Development, Equator Principles, and other international standards is advantageous.
- Previous experience in stakeholder engagement and Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaigns, and/or Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programs is advantageous.
- Previous experience in securing Free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC) from IP tribes and the NCIP is advantageous.
- Previous experience in social impact assessment studies, RAP/LRP, EIA/ESIA is advantageous
- Proficiency in MS Office applications is required. Knowledge of GIS applications is advantageous.
- A team player and able to build and maintain relationships both internal and external
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision